Aria will be a year old in June and someone (*cough* Mom *cough) said I should already be thinking about what I should be doing for her birthday. I said, "Mom. I've got Pinterest. Trust me, I've been planning Aria's birthday since before she was even a thought!"
Well now that I've got that lie set in place, what am I going to do about Aria's first birthday?
I do have some inspiration. Y'know other than Pinterest. For my boss' daughter's first birthday, she invited us all over to her condo for specialty cocktails in milk jugs. Everything was pink and gray, from the decorations to the M&Ms. It was low key and laid back and so much fun.
I've got pictures from my first birthday and apparently all I did was feed everyone cake.
From what I've seen on Pinterest and Instagram, first birthdays can go all out with the color coordination and the themes. Now, my mom and I agree that Aria has a very special relationship with Mickey Mouse, boarding on unhealthy. But I don't know about doing a full blown Mickey or Minnie Mouse themed birthday (from a design standpoint)
What I'm looking for is a low key birthday party with coordinated colors and a underscored theme. Aria may not remember this party, but the pictures should show her how loved she was. So here's what I've decided on so far:
- Since it will be in June, the party will be at a park. That way we don't have to worry about space or whose house we can use.
- The colors will be rose and gold. I originally wanted to do black and gold because I love when Aria wears it, but I thought that might be too sophisticated.
- Mickey Mouse shapes, but no Mickey. Can you image glittered Mickey Mouse shapes everywhere??
- A Mickey Mouse smash cake. I'm thinking a white cake with two white cupcakes for ears and light pink trim. Maybe a big cake to match.
- Grub: at my mother's request, Fresh2Order. We had it at the baby shower and she's been craving it ever since.
I'm pretty satisfied with this list for now. I think I'll have to reserve the park soon since June is a pretty popular month. I'm still open to suggestions, so if you have any, let me know!